Oct 29, 2010

Oh, sweet irony

I had to get my driver's license renewed today. I thought the renewal card read 718 West Jefferson, so I figured I'd park my car at the old office and walk the four blocks to the courthouse. When I got to the courthouse and walked around a bit looking for the license office and couldn't find it, I took out the card to double check. Turns out the office wasn't at 718 W. Jefferson, but 718 West Main street, which was another seven blocks.
So, I walked 22 blocks round trip to renew my driver's license. Oh well, I got to walk off lunch.

4 comments:

Ted said...

What? No rant about how much the DMV sucked?

KAISER ANDY I said...

Actually, I was in and out within 20 minutes, so that wasn't a problem. The fifteen people that came in after me probably have a different story.

Ted said...

Oh, c'mon. You can do better than that.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Honestly, this time was not a problem. The DMV lady was courteous (she even smiled), and there was no hassle. However, when I go to get my tags renewed this week, I think it's going to be a different story.