Sep 7, 2012

I enjoy our conversations

I was watching Comedy Central the other night, and while enjoying a bit of standup from Amy Shumer, my brain decided that I had drank enough beer and that I should have an inner dialogue in the form of writing a comedy bit.
Now, I'm used to my brain doing this, but usually it decides that the shower is the appropriate venue for such action. This mostly angers me because I know I won't remember most of the jokes, and attempting to write them on the stall wall is generally just another lesson in erosion.
Another time is while I'm trying to get to sleep. My brain nags me with coming up with hilarious material just like a wife or girlfriend asking if the T.V. is off and the door is locked. "Shut up, brain," I'll say out loud. This seems like an unnecessary chore due to the fact that my brain had to come up with that very command, and should have just shuffled it around inside of itself instead of having virtually put it in the mail so that the message could be delivered to the ears and have the aural mail room boy deliver it to the room down the hall.
But I digress.
So, I'm watching Amy do her bit on the boob tube, and my brain kick starts the jokecycle. I must warn those that suffer motion sickness that you may be moved to seizures because of your head shaking back and forth while you read the following.

B= Brain
A= Andy

B- "Hey, if you had a one night stand, would you make her breakfast the next morning?"
A- "Why not, I mean if she's still hungry after everything I gave her the night before."
B- "Funny. I realize you've already given her the cream, but maybe she would like the rest of the doughnut?"
A- "Maybe it depends on the size of the girl."
B- "You know she doesn't have nut allergies! Hayo!"
A- "What if she's really skinny, like almost anorexic?"
B- "Just throw her some rice cakes and thank her for letting you 'rattle her bones'."
A- "So maybe the punchline is 'What are the nutritional requirements of a one night stand?"
B- "That was stupid. You're not good at this."
A- "Fuck you, brain. I'm going to get another beer."
B- "No- fuck you. I'm going to make you forget about the top stair on your way to bed tonight"

As you can guess, Brain won that little argument because it didn't actually tell me that last line. It just did it, that mother fucker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I've missed your sardonic wit.

Ted said...

It's alive! And still boring...