Aug 2, 2007

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is No Way to Go Through Work

I'll make this fast(you're welcome, Ted).

I decided to stop drinking during the week this last Monday, as I just felt blah all day. Not because I felt blah only on Monday, but I was holding a piece of paper, and my hand was shaking like Tom Hanks's in the Movie Saving Private Ryan.
I was thinking back, and realized that for the last fifty-nine days I had drunk at LEAST eight beers a night- That's 472 to you and me. This was also a great opportunity to end my tobacco habit.
Fireman Ed came over last night and my two day dry spell ended. I only had six, but still felt blah. I think it's because I also had smokes for the first time in two days.
Well, here's trying for another two days.

The difficulty was that on Monday and Tuesday I felt wide awake at one in the AM even though I was waking up earlier than I did when drinking a bunch, and this is while avoiding caffeine.

Work ain't helping me not want to have a beer or smoky treat.

On the up side, I've already saved $10 on beer this week.

3 comments:

Ted said...

The trick to cutting back the booze, I'm told, is to hang out with non-drinkers. Ninety meetings in ninety days!

PS--Thanks for the tip. I'm going to sell off my beer stock now.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Well, it hasn't exactly worked

Yankee John said...

The liver is the second most regenerative organ in the body. Don't stop now. You let that puppy up, it'll kick your ass. Stomp that sucker flat!

If you keep this up my 401K is gonna tank. So let's toast to my financial security.