Sep 4, 2007

They don't blow holes in bands run by remote control

The storm is over, and now for the clean up. The professors I have dealt with and could contact last week are happy, and the other 90% lost my number, so I'm groovy.
Back to forty hour weeks, weekends off and so on.

Anyway, on with the show:
I was listening to Sherlock Holmes Valley of Fear on disk this weekend and carved a pipe. The stem is from a piece of beech ( a small one I guess you could call a son-of-a-beech), and the bowl is of Crab apple, which is a close family member to a maple.
The bowl style originally was planned to be in the Cavendish style, but with the grain tear out, the design changed twice, eventually becoming carved like an acorn with a bit of a flat bottom and a textured top. If I knew how to put up pictures without having to become an expert at this posting thing, I would show you what the bowl looks like.

I will be staining the top of the bowl tonight, attaching the stem, and leaving it to dry. I look forward to waxing it and having a smoke tomorrow.

BTW:
Keep your eyes posted here in October, as that begins fire season. Between that and the coons next door, viewers at home can help me keep a precise Andy/Coon injury status report.
I'll probably have some ER fodder for ya.

4 comments:

Yankee John said...

um,

"and maniacs don't blow holes in bandsmen by remote control"

but I know you're thinking "not now john"

the PF line refers to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Park_and_Regents_Park_bombings


Thank you Mister Know-It-All!

Yankee John said...

stupid blogger, not leaving enough room...

anywho, it's the hyde park and regents park bombing of 1982

blah, blah, blah

Ted said...

welcome back to the world, gentlemen. Remember, all work and no play makes John and Andy psychotic publishers.

KAISER ANDY I said...

oohwhahahahahaha!