Feb 26, 2009

soon to be abuzz

Cousin Luke played hookey from work and was over at the house while it was warm out. He phoned and told me that the bees were coming out of the top and the bottom. Since the ones using the lower entrance were juveniles, it appears that they have over-wintered well.

If wondering what the significance of that is, remember that Ky loses about 30% of it's hives a year.

The super will go on in about a week, and then let the girls get to work. Hoeffenlich we'll get a fair amount of honey. Maybe we can keep the Yooj from sneezing his butt off when he's in the Ville.
This picture is not mine. I found it when I googled "honey super." this is what the frames look like.

3 comments:

Ted said...

just remember to bee careful.

LOL. I kill me.

Yankee John said...

Doc, you drone on and on, don't you? Go treat someone with hives or something. Either way, buzz off, will ya?

KAISER ANDY I said...

What stinging comments John.

Punarama. The only thing we're missing is the B-52's singing in the background.