Oct 29, 2009

For all those playing "how's andy hurt- the home game"

As I was putting the last layer of tar over some nail heads, it started to drizzle, but I don't care. The fucking job is done.

I used all three rolls of shingle, and one of roofing felt. 500 nails, 8 pieces of plywood, and 6 2x4s later, it's done.

Injury report:

two knuckles hit with the hammer, a gigantic bruise on me leg from when the plywood fell on my thigh, one inadvertent head-butt of a 2x4, and three cut fingers, the last of which occurred when I was finished with the job and was taking tools off the roof (machined metal is sharp). This is beside the fact that I put my leg up to the knee through the roof while stripping the rotted parts.


Note to those out there unaccustomed to work- don't use fingernail brush on finger with busted skin from a hammer blow. Ouch.


You all should have been here. The level of profanity alone would have been worth the trip.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Sorry, had to work. You should come down this week. I'm off, and watching you and John get stupid is always fun.

KAISER ANDY I said...

that's never happened. ever.