Feb 15, 2012

Goddamnit, how dumb are these mother fuckers?

I was working with a prof. at the local secondary high school here in the Ville that has two readings packets. He initially had titled them "Prof. Spunknugget's Hand Outs." Since that was not correct because we sell them on the shelves, and I didn't want to confuse the little mouth breathers from the get-go, I changed the title to "Developmental Writing I&II."
Shit- I'm leaving a huge piece of information out here. These two classes are Developmental Writing, as in, PRE-ENGLISH-ENGLISH-CLASSES. Not smart enough to get into college? Don't worry; for a mere 3 grand of tax dollar funded financial aid, we'll teach you the English that you should've been learning in the previous 12(or 13 or 14)years of tax payer funded school. Then you too can read and write three years below your age level.
O.K., so Professor Dickinhand doesn't like Developmental Writing on the cover because he doesn't want anyone in his class to feel shame. Whatever. I suggested new titles for his packs, thinking that they would instill a sense of ownership of the student over their education. Because they have to take 090 and then 091, I suggested "Strategies for Success in Composition," and "Continuing Success in Composition." Sweet, right? Well, it turns out to be not so much.
Here's the copy from Prof D's last email:

"Logical, but I would prefer a completely different name for one of them. Later. It is a small matter, but I also would prefer a shorter title."

Shorter? Your students need to read a shorter title? Do I have to learn to phonetically spell grunt noises? Moses in a moshpit, are these people really that dumb? Fuck it; I have your two new titles. "Quest for Fire" and "Clan of the Cave Bear." Eat a slow roasted cock with ass juice, mother fucker. I'm done teaching kindergarten.

4 comments:

Richard Noggin said...

Perhaps we should consult the "You Fill In The Demographic" Think Tank...

Ted said...

Pretty damned dumb. I will now go read the article, and not just the title.

Ted said...

"Moses in a moshpit"...I like that one. In other news, I continue to be amazed that my first several weeks of college English were spent learning to write a paragraph.

Richard Noggin said...

While Moses was in the moshpit he was heard to say "That's not fat...That's foreskin."