Feb 25, 2012

Let's Start a Riot, a Riot.

Five days of riots because some of our military men burned a bunch of trash, and in that trash were some Kurans, or Qurans, or whatever.
Last week I had to go pay my water bill because I would've been too late to mail it, and I don't have Internet access at home. While standing in line I was watching the TV they have on the wall that was airing CNN. It was on this day that the world learned of the burning of said books, and the riots that had just started. While in line I shook my head and exclaimed rather loudly, "Christ, people, it's just a goddamn book. Was it the last one? No? Then you can print more."
I'm kind of tired of mother fuckers seeking things to be offended about. I don't care if it's the Fox news crowd bitching about a so-called war on christianity or slummy assholes acting like slummy assholes and getting up in arms about someone pointing out that very fact.
How many of those rioting fuckheads in Awfuckitstan have full bellies? How many of them have solid rooves over their heads? How many of them could name the 10 commandments if asked, even though they're in this "holy book?" If they can't say yes to two out of three of these, then you have more shit to worry about than if somebody burns a book, especially considering that most of them would wipe their asses with a christian bible.
How many people have been killed over this bullshit? How many more will die because none of them can remember that thou shalt not kill?
It's a fucking book; that's all.Same as the christian bible. It's printed words on a page. If I burn an O.E.D., is Garrison Keillor going to issue a fatwa against me?
I think I'm going to call a press conference, and burn a bible, kuran, American flag, Afghan flag, a bikini and a burka. I'll top it off by throwing a John Deere hat, rainbow boa and a afro-covered basketball just so that everyone can get offended and then get on with life.

3 comments:

Ted said...

You do not have the right to not be offended.

Ted said...

OK, but let's also throw in something you hold dear: a case of bourbon.

KAISER ANDY I said...

An entire case? That's just insanity. Well, unless it's Heaven Hill.