Feb 2, 2012

It's easy- you just don't lead 'em so much

I got my first confirmed raccoon kill last night. It was in the crotch of the elm tree, and when I turned the flashlight on him, he turned as he got inquisitive and sat there looking at me.
You know how their eyes glow when the light is shined on them? Well, they make great targets. He fell like a turkey dropped from a helicopter onto the ground, bleeding from the head. Anyone want a coon-skin cap?
I don't think I'm going to have anymore raccoon troubles.
"Where's Rocky?" "He ain't commin'."
So to recap, that's 18 oppossum, and 1 raccoon. I'm fine with nature as long as it doesn't come near the house.

2 comments:

Ted said...

What did you use?

KAISER ANDY I said...

That chinese air rifle with the flashlight taped to the end. One shot, one raccoon.