Oct 8, 2007

hello, darkness my old friend

Things have been a bit hustle-bustle here in andyville, with work and then helping others work. I am by no means complaining, as anywhere I work will be beer, or there won't be any work done.
Yesterday I helped cousin Luke put up drywall, the day before was messing with a car and an aquarium, and this last week I put in new bathroom sinks in the ladies room at work.
I've a few wood working projects I need to get on, and you know how I like to work my wood.

Anyone heard of the St. James Art fair?
Here's how it is billed by the St. James art fair people:
"For the third time in four years, the St. James Court Art Show has been named the best fine art and design show in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine, America’s premier show and festival publication. Rankings are determined by artist’s vote, with St. James receiving nearly twice as many votes as its nearest competitor."

What the damn thing really should be called is the "let's shut down three main corridors to down town so that a bunch of east-end snobby assholes drive to old Louisville and try their once-annual attempt at parallel parking so they can go buy over-priced shit that looks like fucking kindergarteners made sale."
I'm serious. I've had nocturnal emissions that have dried and carry more artistic value than some of the shit I saw people cramming into their trunks. This one lady had, and this is no shit, a five foot pole that had a metal painted fish on the end and a colored, spiralish wire making some sort of holding basket. What the fuck was that? It looked like the "artist" went spear fishing and then tried to abort his catch.

It's not bad enough that there were Kentucky idiots and local hoosiers, but I saw way too many fifos. There were some walking across second street right in front of Fame, looking like they had no care in the world. I kept honking my horn, put my middle finger out the window, made train horn noises, and let them know that the Chattanooga Fuck You was high-balling it towards them.

I cussed so much that day that I had to turn around and miss church because I was so mad.

5 comments:

Yankee John said...

"I've had nocturnal emissions that have dried and carry more artistic value than some of the shit I saw people cramming into their trunks"

Wow, just ... Wow.

Utterly Andy, right there. Congratulations, I've finally cured that Bryson voice in my head, 'cause even he could never say that. That, sir, is the definition of quintessential.

Just. Freakin'. Speachless.

KAISER ANDY I said...

I'm here for you.

Ted said...

I'm hearing a lot of rage Andy. Do you need a hug?

KAISER ANDY I said...

I don't really need a hug; just people out of my way.
When in your life have you yelled, "MOVE MUTHER FUCKER, I'VE GOT TO GET TO CHURCH"?

Ted said...

As a practicing agnostic, never.