Jun 15, 2009

Biblical Proportions

This weather has been about seven kinds of fucked up here over these last couple months. Cold at night, and hot during the day? C'mon- I don't live in the desert (even though I'm going through kind of a dry spell)!

How about you hold off the rain long enough several times a week so that I can weed my garden?

I had everything laid out so that we could get into the beehive last night and put on the second brood chamber, but the wind picked up, so we had to cancel that.


All of this bullshit weather means that things I did before as a hobby have now become chores due to the fact that I have to pack all the shit that I used to do for fun into the few hours a week that I can get them done.

Yeah, at least we're not having a drought, but give me a fucking chance!
Saturday it rained hard enough that I saw water running down my yard toward the house (the burm works!). One half hour later, the sun came out and it was humid as shit, and the garden was too wet to work in.


O well, at least it's not ice.

I'm a little worried about where this is headed for the winter.


4 comments:

Ted said...

Probably that global warming stuff.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Yep. Global warming leads to global cooling; but I thought that shit was supposed to start in England, where most trouble starts.

Ted said...

Speaking of starting trouble, how was Texas?

KAISER ANDY I said...

Haven't been there yet. I'm going on the 8th of July and staying that weekend.
I haven't seen Jane in two years, so I got excited and booked the trip not thinking that I would be in Texas in JULY.