Jun 13, 2008

So much for waiting ten minutes

It is said that if you don't like the weather in the Ville, just wait ten minutes- it'll change.

Well, for this last week, that's a load of shit.

Luke and I have been waiting for the weather to cool about 8deg so that we can get the second hive body on the beehive so that we can have a strong enough hive to make us a lot of honey next year and keep them from swarming this year. Unfortunately, the weather being as warm as it is means that many of the bees hang out on the outside of the hive in order the lower the amount of heat in the hive, and there is no fucking way that I'm getting near the hive when there are about 400 bees on the outside of the hive not wanting to go in, not counting the number of their sisters flying in from foraging nectar and pollen. That's just a recipe for meeting the ER staff. I mean, I'm sure they're fine people, but I'd rather meet over a beer instead of signing HIPAA release forms. Call me old fashioned.

We're going to try tonight since it's supposed to rain today and cool down. Once that's done, the only thing left to do this summer is drink beer, fish at the U-boat, and eat non-salmonella produce from my garden.

Did I mention drink beer?


2 comments:

Ted said...

Ahh, shark week. What charms.

Yankee John said...

shame its not a purple microphone...