Oct 30, 2008

2nd and Broadway is really killing my chi

Just when I thought that I had hit the lowest rung of the ladder, I had an interesting experience yesterday.
I walked across the street with my six bits to buy a Curious- Urinal. Clink, clink, clink, and violla- instant bathroom accompaniment.
As I was standing at the corner reading and waiting for the light to change, I hear behind me, "Hey- Little Man!"
Looking over my shoulder, it occurred to me that I was his target.
"What?," I asked very curtly.
"You got fiffy cent?"
"Nope. I had setty-fi, but I got dis paper," I replied without any accent so that it sounded even more stupid. I then turned again to reading.

"HEY, LITTLE MAN!," I heard again. Apparently this charm school flunky thinks that I should respond to his whims.
"WHAT, GODDAMMIT!," was the way I felt could calmly let this un-showered gentleman know that I was not interested in being his benefactor.
"You got a dollar so I can get a sausage biscuit?"
"I told you I wasn't giving you anything. Besides, it's after 10:30 and they're not serving breakfast anymore."

Apparently this dude's used to short, white people being pussies and I must have thrown him off a bit, because he moved his mouth like he wanted to say something, but no words came out.

Remember, if you think you're on the bottom rung, you can always get yelled at by a homeless dude.

5 comments:

Yankee John said...

At least it wasn't a pre-op saying "Yo little biscuit, can you give me a sausage?"

this time.

KAISER ANDY I said...

You're just jealous.

Ted said...

What are you trying to say? I get yelled at by homeless people for a living.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Yes, well at least you get to poke 'em with needles.

Ted said...

not very often. I have people who do that for me.