Aug 31, 2009

Every fucking time something goes on, they close my end of town

Fuck the Iron Man competition, and fuck Mayor Squirmy Assholebramson. Every time there's a foot race in this town, they close down the main corridor to the south end and my neighborhood.


For the iron man competition yesterday they had three of the main corridors in the city shut down until about 1AM this morning. No-one could get anywhere on cross streets as cars packed every other available route.


"It's only once a year, dude, and it keeps the Ville on the map," I hear you saying.


Well, I still had to go into work, or try and fail in my case.


Next week, we have the bi-annual mayor's walk, bike and run. The mayor does this twice a year, on Memorial and Labor days to promote health. Now, I'm all for healthy living, but I'm sure he doesn't take into account the instances of road rage and acts of wanton-endangerment that go with closing down the parkway a second weekend in a row. Not to mention the high blood pressure.




Southern parkway near my neighborhood gets closed about 8 times a year, and with there being 347 more days in the year doesn't seem like much, but it's all between April and September.




3 comments:

Ted said...

You could just get a bicycle and ride it to work.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Yes, but how would I carry the 45lb box of books from one store to the other?

Ted said...

Tell John you need a pay raise so you can hire someone to do it for you.