Apr 27, 2008

painting, painting everywhere and not a drop of ink


Cousin Luke and I went back to the U-boat to do some painting this last Saturday, and woh Nelly how different does it look. It's almost inhabitable. Here's me doing some trim work *snort*. It was immediately evident that white paint reflects more light than 20 year-old tan.








Luke then went on to floor duty which was to be a light gray like you see on the porches of older houses. The front bedroom actually looks its ten by ten size, and you can see from this picture that it also looks one hell of a lot better than that old nasty green.









But before all the work started, there were two fun tasks that needed to happen in order to make the U-boat more man friendly. And since both Luke and I are ate-up retards, we chose to put a pulley and a cleat on the light pole and run up a pirate flag.














Not to let our lunacy end there, I mounted a fake periscope on the vent stack on the out house. Now, before you ask why the shitey-shack, remember that we are going to paint the u-boat sawfish and bull on the outside. I took an old broom handle and tapered an end and left a knob end on it. After painting it gun metal gray, I glued a mirror on it so that it will catch a few seldom-comers by surprise with a reflection of their headlights at night.

The backlight kind of sucks on this picture, but I'll take a sunny 80deg day over a terriffic photo.







Since I couldn't let a trip go without wetting a line, I went down to the dock with my 404 and proceeded to catch a HUGE log. But, alas, it got away with my lure. Such is life. Some times you win, some times you lose, some times it rains.






John, I am so ready to stay overnight and go fishing.

The cool thing is that the great baloon race (part of the Ky Derby festival) was going on as we were on the highway home. A neat end to a very productive day.






7 comments:

Yankee John said...

I am ready to penetrate scapa flow and put two into the royal oak. For all three of you who get that, thanks. For the rest of you, I assure it's not dirty, but you'll never believe...

Yankee John said...

am i lemp or kretchmer?

KAISER ANDY I said...

I think you'll have to ask the ladies about that one.

So, what do you say about that, Ted?

Yankee John said...

rude, rude, rude

Yankee John said...

I'll take colonel john, pyro and recapture the glory across the board plus a $2 exacta on coloneljohn/pyro. I'll send you a twenty today...



Please, please, please lay this for me. I've got a feeling!

Ted said...

Great pics of the cabin, Andy. I'm going to have to come up there sometime and show you how to catch fish.

KAISER ANDY I said...

Is that the part where you fall asleep and have no idea what happened?