Apr 11, 2008

When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads

The rain is a pourin' down. I was going to take my lunch outside and watch the planes practice for the air show, but now I don't think that's gonna happen. Were I to stand outside now and look up for 15 minutes, the void where my brain should be would fill up with water and slosh around when I walk.

Trends being what they are, it has been historically the case that when we have good weather for Thunder over Lewavul, it'll rain on Derby Day, and vice versa, so I'll take my air show getting rained out.

Since Louisianna has horse racing, I'm sure the good doctor has been to a few races. And since Yankee and I drank a lot of beer at Churchill one Sunday I know he has, and I know damn well that Cousin Luke has, since I've lost money next to him on several occasions. For those wanting a refresher, here you are:

http://www.drf.com/flash/drf_pp_tutorial.html

The harder I handicap, it seems the worse I do.

2 comments:

Ted said...

I've been to exactly one day of horse racing. Enough to learn that food at the track is expensive, booze is more expensive, and you should always place your own bets.

I'll be broke for the Derby this year, so once again I sing my refrain: "Maybe next year".

Yankee John said...

I been to the track w/ you and that is handicap enough