Aug 3, 2008

I am now the Pontius! Car part II

Hail Caesar Salad!



It was the water pump. Or should I say, it's still the water pump. I realize that money is tight, but holy shit- how about you take the bus?



A week after I warned her about cracking the head, and other ways that overheating WILL completely grenade the motor in her car, I saw the other day that she was still driving it, and just putting more water in it.

This would be somewhat decently better if the motor were leaking from the radiator, or even weeping from the water pump, but on hers the water is boiling out of the overflow hose in the reservoir, which means that the water pump is so completely fucked up that the water ain't getting around the motor at all, which means that the water in the block is overheated, which means that the oil is glazing, which means that it's not lubricating the moving parts which means...get the point?

I saw her filling up the water jug at the utility sink, and I asked,"So, you haven't had your car fixed?"

No. I don't have the money.



Well, I hope you have enough cash for a new car.



Why?



Because if you don't you'll be forced to take the bus- because you haven't been taking the bus.

I know, I know, but Andy, I can't always take the bus. I've gotta take my daughter to the doctor, and the bus makes me transfer twice.



I'm just sayin' don't come running to me when yer motor goes boom. If you keep driving your car, the motor will eventually lock up. I'll let you know what I think is going on with your car, but I'm not laying another finger on it.





I'm done being the house mechanic. At least for those who are too dense to understand what's going on.

No comments: