Sep 26, 2008

As normal as it's ever going to get

After eating several bags of salad, pine bark and newspaper to get the fiber back into my diet after FnC, everything seems to be back to normal.

Next year, barring any natural desasters I'm need to remember to bring salad, celery, and maybe some medamucil.


In other news, I've been reading Lost Continent by Bryson, and it's pretty funny in the way that only bryson can do.

He's in Mississippi and feels this state trooper leering at him at a traffic light-

"...but I had to calm down because a state trooper pulled up alongside me at a traffic light and began looking me over with that sort of casual disdain you often get when you give a dangerously stupid person a gun and a squad car. He was sweaty and overweight and sat low in his seat. I assume he was descended from the apes like all the rest of us, but clearly in his case it had been a fairly gentle slope."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

andy, I feel like if you enjoy his writing styile you would enjoy chuck palanuck. I have 3 of his books which I feel you would have a good chuckle at. Oh and for the record this is levon.

KAISER ANDY I said...

I don't think I've ever read any Chuck Palanuck